PolishOrigins Forum

 FAQFAQ    SearchSearch    MemberlistMemberlist    ProfileProfile    Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in    RegisterRegister 
Author
Message
stewart



Joined: 07 Feb 2025
Replies: 57
Location: UK

Back to top
Post Posted: 3 hours ago at 8:06 am      Post subject: Marriage record
Reply with quote

I keep trying to post in the translation section but my post isn't appearing for some reason. I've attached a marriage record of who I believe is Aniela Runowicz and ? Grabowski. I need to know any information possible from it - full names, date and place of marriage, parents names etc. I've tried to find this on geneteka but my browsers won't let me access the site so I don't understand why that's happening it's never happened before. Also on this forum I keep attaching the file but when I click submit it doesn't appear????
View user's profile
Send private message
Sophia
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Replies: 1621

Back to top
Post Posted: 2 hours ago at 8:34 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi Stewart,

It is possible that the file you are trying to attach is too large. There are limits on the file size that Polish Origins lets you upload. Files that are .jpg or .jpeg cannot be larger than 2MB. A PDF can be up to 3MB. (see image, below)

One thing you can do is a screenshot of the image; that usually results in a smaller file size. Another option is to break your image down into pieces. All a bit of a bother, I know, but you'll get there.

Sophia



filesizes.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  61 KB
 Viewed:  0 Time(s)

filesizes.png


View user's profile
Send private message
stewart



Joined: 07 Feb 2025
Replies: 57
Location: UK

Back to top
Post Posted: 2 hours ago at 9:21 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Thanks Sophie, seems it's 2.01 MB just over the limit so I'll get it reduced
View user's profile
Send private message
Sophia
PO Top Contributor


Joined: 05 Oct 2014
Replies: 1621

Back to top
Post Posted: 1 hour ago at 9:53 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Hi Stewart,

I see you were able to post the image.

According to Geneteka, the groom is Józef Grabowski. His father's name is either not written there or could not be read by the indexer because they only gave his mother's name, Marianna. For Aniela Runowicz (seems to be spelled Ronowicz in this record, according to the indexer) her father was Jędrzej Runowicz/Ronowicz and her mother was Józefa Matyakowska/Matyjakowska.

The record is actually in Russian, not Polish, but don't worry about re-posting it. You'll still be likely to get a translation just where you've placed it.

Best regards,
Sophia
View user's profile
Send private message
stewart



Joined: 07 Feb 2025
Replies: 57
Location: UK

Back to top
Post Posted: 1 hour ago at 10:07 am      Post subject:
Reply with quote

Blimey Sophia that was quick, thank you! I thought if it was in Russian it would have been in the cyrillic alphabet. I don't what's happened re geneteka, I've tried 3 browsers and they all say there's a security issue and advising me not to proceed, I've never had that before and I only used it a couple of days ago.
View user's profile
Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PolishOrigins Forum Index -> Research in Poland All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB ©

© 2009-2026 COPYRIGHTS BY THE OWNER OF POLISHORIGINS.COM